Youth Leadership Oshkosh
The purpose of Youth Leadership Oshkosh is to identify and develop student leaders from various area high school by familiarizing them with community issues, recources, and organizations. This program is sponsored by the Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce at no cost to the student. Students are chosen by their high school principal based on student's leadership potential.
- Identify promising student leaders
- Provide information and education about the community's opportunities and challenges
- Build a network between students and an understanding of each other's concerns
- Benefit students as they prepare for leadship roles in school and future endeavors
- This program brings together students with leadership potential from various high schools in the city in a program that creates awareness of our community, its challenges and potential. These high school juniors from four area schools meet one school day per month from September through April.
As a Youth Leadership Oshkosh participant, you are expected to:
- Attend all sessions
- Arive on time, stay all day (8:00 am - 2:45 pm)
- Plan a full day away from school. Advise teachers of your absence.
- Ride the bus. Bus leaves Oshkosh North by tennis courts at 8:00 am.
- Attend or view on Channel Access a City Council meeting before the January Government Day session.
- Complete a written evaluation for each session.
- Be involved, participate, ask questions.
- Intermingle with students from other schools.
- Return emergency card - August mailing to you.
- Call the Oshkosh Chamber (303-2265, ext. 29) or email Mrs. Shew at email@example.com if you are going to be absent. Call Mrs. Shew on her cell phone (920-420-2122) the morning of a session if you are going to be absent or late in catching the bus.