Wisconsin Parental Choice Program
School Choice Vouchers
Lourdes Academy participates in the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (WPCP), which allows eligible students who reside in Wisconsin to attend our Catholic school tuition-free. Our school, on behalf of the parent or guardian, receives a state-aid payment for each eligible student. Lourdes has participated in the program since 2013.
Student eligibility is determined based on their family's income, residence, and the student's prior-year school attendance.
- Residence: All students must provide documentation showing they live in the state of Wisconsin.
- Prior-year school attendance: students applying for a voucher must meet one of the following prior-year attendance requirements:
- Attended a public school the previous school year
- Was not enrolled in school the previous school year or was homeschooled
- Attended a private school the previous school year (Lourdes Academy or a different private school) and is entering grades kindergarten, 1st, or 9th grade
- Participated in the WPCP the previous school year
- Income: To qualify for a voucher for the 2021-2022 school year, a new student must have a family income (adjusted gross income as stated on your 2020 1040 tax form) equal to or less than 220% of the federal poverty level income limits shown below.
Married Parents Income
Once a student is accepted into the program, they can participate through high school graduation at Lourdes Academy, provided they continue to meet the residency requirements. Students continuing in the program are not required to provide income documentation.
For the 2021-2022 school year, state law mandates that no more than 6% of the students of a public school district may receive a voucher through the WPCP.
- If the cap is reached, students are selected through a random drawing conducted by the DPI.
- If the cap isn't reached, then all applicants who meet the requirements will receive a voucher.
None of the public school districts in the Oshkosh area reached the voucher cap for the 2020-21 school year.
The application deadline for the 2021-2022 school year has closed. This deadline is set by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI). We anitcipate applications for the next school year to open in February 2022.
For assistance applying, contact: Michelle Rector, Enrollment Coordinator, at (920) 426-6421 or email@example.com. All information provided is strictly confidential.